The Price of Activities in Niue
How much is it to scuba dive in Niue? Is whale swimming expensive? Are there any free things to do? We go through all of the typical costs for activities and experiences in Niue so you can plan your holiday budget accordingly. Find out what is the cost of activities in Niue in the guide below!
For more budgeting costs for Niue, see What is the Cost of Travelling in Niue?
Tips for Saving Money on Activities in Niue
- See what activities are included in your accommodation, such as bike hire, swimming pool, entertainment evenings, access to private sea tracks and lookouts, etc.
- Look out for low season deals on activities (November-March)
- Bring your own snorkelling gear, where accessing some amazing snorkelling spots around Niue is free
- Try to book and pay directly with the tour operator, which is where you’ll usually get the best price for the tour.
For more budget advice, see 10 Ways to Save Money When Travelling in Niue.
The Cost of Water Activities in Niue
Surrounded by crystal clear tropical waters, Niue’s underwater world begs to be explored. Luckily, there are many ways to make the most of Niue’s waters, from swimming with whales (July-September) to reeling in the big ones on a fishing charter. Snorkelling and scuba diving are all also on the menu.
Water Activity Prices in Niue
- Whale/dolphin swimming tour – NZ$170
- Scuba diving/two-tank – NZ$190-$230
- Snorkelling by boat – NZ$90-$100
- Snorkel hire/day – Free-NZ$10
- Private fishing charter/half-day – NZ$500
- Vaka (canoe) tour – NZ$50
The Cost of Land Activities in Niue
The Rock of the Pacific has just as much to offer on land than in its surrounding waters. Discover breathtaking rainforest and limestone caves on one of the island’s nature and cave tours. Learn about the local coconut crab with some cultural insights on an uga hunting tour. Of course, there’s always the opportunity to unwind at the end of a day’s exploring with a heavenly spa treatment.
Land Activity Prices in Niue
- Guided orientation tour – NZ$70
- Uga hunting tour – NZ$70
- Nature tour – NZ$50-$70
- Plantation tour – NZ$50-$70
- Cave tour – NZ$75
- Spa treatment – NZ$90+
- Mountain bike hire/day – NZ$10-$30
- Museum entry – NZ$10
- Mini golf – NZ$10-$15
- Golf course green fee – NZ$30
Free Activities in Niue
A getaway to Niue is not all about digging into your wallet to go on activities every day. The island is brimming with free natural and historic attractions, as well as beaches and snorkelling hotspots. You’re only expense visiting these attractions is renting a vehicle plus fuel to get there on a short drive, so see What is the Cost of Transport in Niue? for typical transport prices. Either way, you’ll save a ton by making the most of Niue’s free attractions. See 10 Free & Cheap Things To Do in Niue for more information.
Free Things to Do in Niue
- Matapa Chasm
- Limu Pools
- Talava Arches
- Togo Chasm
- Hikulagi Sculpture Park
- Vaila Cave
- Anapala Chasm
- Avaiki Cave
- Palaha Cave
- Avatele Beach
- Tamakautoga Beach
- Motu Sea Track
- Uluvehi Sea Track
- Tomb Point
- Laufoli Umu Pit
- Utuko Reef
- Amanau Sea Track
- Village church service
- Niue Market
- Niue Council of Women weaving group
- Scenic Matavai Resort’s entertainment schedule for guests
- Ana’ana Point Lookout
- Burial Cave
- Opaahi Sea Track
- Hio Beach
- Tauei Fupiu Fort
- Whale and dolphin-watching from shore
Browse more activities in our Things to Do category.