When to Get Cheap Drinks in Niue
A day on an island getaway is not complete until it ends with a refreshing cocktail or beer at happy hour. With that in mind, we’ve put together a quick list of the happy hours in Niue so you know when each bar is having its discounted drinks!
Before we get into happy hour in Niue, be sure to bookmark the 8 Unique Foods in Niue You Have to Try so you know about the food too.
Top Bars to Try in Niue
Looking for a good watering hole in Niue? Try these!
- All Relativf – Cocktail bar near the airport
- Hio Cafe & Bar – Container bar overlooking the beach
- Matavai Resort Pool Bar – A bar by the pool and awesome views
- Vaiolama Cafe & Bar – A clifftop bar in Alofi
- Washaway Cafe – An honesty bar only open on a Sunday
Happy Hour at Niue’s Bars
So when can you get discounted drinks in Niue? Here is a list of the bars and restaurants in Niue with a happy hour!
Scenic Matavai Resort: Daily 5pm-6pm
From 5pm to 6pm daily, the Scenic Matavai Resort in Tamakautoga has its daily happy hour at the Pool Bar and Dolphin Restaurant where beer and wine are around NZ$6.50 each, while there is also a discount on cocktails.
All Relativf: Monday to Saturday 4pm-6pm
A cocktail bar in the Swanson Shopping Complex, All Relativf mixes up a creative range of cocktails, mocktails, smoothies and more. Their happy hour is from 4pm to 6pm to get discounted cocktails.
Hio Cafe & Bar: Fridays 5pm-6pm
Located between Tuapa and Namukulu, the Hio Cafe & Bar is your go-to on the northern end of the island. Their happy hour is from 5pm to 6pm on Fridays only. They have other events throughout the week, such as Thursday Niuean umu nights.
Vaiolama Cafe & Bar: Thursdays 4pm-6.30pm
Watch the sunset on Thursdays nights from the clifftop Vaiolama Cafe & Bar in Alofi. The cafe, which usually closes at 3pm, is open until 8pm on a Thursday with their happy hour drinks between 4pm and 6.30pm.
Pacific Way Bar: Thursday to Friday 4pm-5pm
Drink with the locals at the Pacific Way Bar located in Alofi South. They are open Thursday and Friday with happy hour drinks from 4pm to 5pm.
Learn more about the food some of these bars and restaurants have on offer in The Guide to the Best Eats & Restaurants in Niue.
Alternative Bars in Niue
We understand that Happy Hour can be a little restrictive, so if you’re looking for more places to have a drink in Niue, you have more options…
- Washaway Cafe – Only open on Sundays in Avatele, the bar is a serve-yourself honesty bar
- Runway Bar – In the departure lounge of Hanan Airport, serves the cheapest beer on the island
- Crazy Uga Cafe & Bar – The bar is open for lunch and Wednesday nights in Alofi
- Claytons Bar – A local jaunt in Alofi open on Thursday nights
- Alofi Rugby Club – Drink with the locals on Saturday nights
- Matapa Bar – Located in Hitavake, the Matapa Bar is open on Wednesday nights.
See more events happening through the evenings in Niue in The Ultimate Guide to the Niue Nightlife.