Golf Courses on the Island of Niue
Niue is a small country with limited space but, to the delight of any keen golfer, they do have their priorities right. There is one par-34 9-hole golf course among the glorious tropical landscape to enjoy! Learn more about the course in this guide to the best golf courses in Niue.
For more golf talk, take a look at The Complete Guide to Golf in Niue including tips, prices and more.
5 Quick Tips for Golfing in Niue
- Bring your own clubs or rent clubs from the Niue Visitor Information Centre
- If bringing golf clubs from home, remember to declare them as sports equipment on your Passenger Arrival Card
- Have cash for the Niue Golf & Sports Club, which uses an honesty box except on Saturdays. Otherwise, green fees can be paid by cash or card at the Visitor Information Centre.
- The golf courses in Niue are not too pretentious, so don’t worry if you haven’t got your finest tailored golf pants with you
- Remember your basic golfing etiquette though – the basics still apply, such as waiting until the group ahead of you is out of range before hitting the ball, maintaining a good pace and don’t make noise when someone is taking a swing.
For more advice about golf, see The Complete Guide to Golf in Niue.
Niue Golf & Sports Club
Niue’s one and only golf course, the Niue Golf & Sports Club runs a well-maintained nine-hole golf course.
The 2,017 m (2,206-yard) par-34 golf course winds its way between coconut palms making for a few fun challenges along the way. Holes 6 and 8 are the most challenging.
A course map and local rules list can be found at the clubhouse located at the centre of the golf course. Otherwise, we list local rules in The Complete Guide to Golf in Niue.
The Niue Golf & Sports Club has an honesty box system for their affordable green fees. Learn more about paying in Niue in What is the Best Way to Pay in Niue? They have a clubhouse serving snacks and (cheap) drinks on Saturdays. There is no golf club hire, so you will either need to bring your own or rent from the Niue Visitor Information Centre in Alofi town centre.
Learn more about the bar at the Niue Golf Club in the 10 Best Bars in Niue.
Niue Golf & Sports Club hosts a weekly competition every Saturday. Tee off time is at 1 pm.
Once everyone has finished the course, there is a member’s meeting and prize-giving at around 4 pm. The clubhouse bar remains open until everyone goes home. You can also catch a weekly darts event in the clubhouse after 5 pm.
An events calendar for the year is located on the notice board at the clubhouse entrance.
The Niue Golf & Sports Club is located on Tapeu-Poritt Road opposite Hanan International Airport. It is approximately a 5-minute drive from Alofi.
More Information About the Niue Golf & Sports Club
For more information on the Niue Golf & Sports Club, including green fees, club rental, local rules and more, check out The Complete Guide to Golf in Niue.
[CLOSED] Vaiolama Cafe Mini Golf
Update: The mini golf course at Vaiolama Cafe is currently closed. The cafe is still open. We will update this page when (and if) the mini golf reopens.
Another opportunity for golf and fun for all ages is the Vaiolama Cafe Mini Golf. This is an 18-hole mini golf course atop 30 m (100 ft) cliffs in Alofi. The course takes you through coastal trees as you putt your way over obscure holes with all kinds of crazy obstacles.
More About Golf Courses in Niue
That’s it for our list (albeit a short list) of golf courses in Niue. For more things to do in between games, check out the following:
- 10 Must-Do Tours in Niue
- 10 Unique & Unusual Experiences in Niue
- 101 Things to Do in Niue: The Ultimate List
Once again, if there’s anything we’ve missed, you’re likely to find it in The Complete Guide to Golf in Niue.