Niue’s Scuba Diving Companies
Niue has something for everyone when it comes to scuba diving. Whether you’re a newbie to the dive scene or are certified and keen to explore Niue’s famous caves and chimneys, you’re in good hands with Niue’s two dive operators who both take safety very seriously. Compare what they offer in this guide to the best scuba diving tours in Niue.
5 Quick Tips for Diving in Niue
- You need to be able to make your own way to dive shops, pick-ups are not provided
- Bring your dive certificate with you! Dive operators may be able to look up PADI, SSI and Naui certifications only
- If bringing your own gear, they must adhere to PADI, SSI and RSTC standards
- For recreational dives, prices typically don’t include all of the rentals so don’t take prices at face value
- Dive courses and beginner dives typically include all dive equipment in the price.
Located next to the Scenic Matavai Resort in Tamakautoga, Niue Blue, formerly Buccaneer Adventures Dive Niue, is a fully PADI affiliated store. They provide Discover Scuba (Try Dives), double morning and single afternoon dives, as well as night dives. They also offer a huge range of PADI dive courses.
In addition, their two purpose-built dive boats feature large in-water ladders and walk-through transoms with handrails for easy exit from the water.
- Single Dives – Generally take place in the afternoons, launching from either Avatele or Alofi ensuring the best dive site for the conditions
- Double Dives – Take place in the morning taking you to two dive sites. Surface time can be spent swimming with dolphins or snorkelling should the opportunity arise
- Night Dives – Available from shore or boat depending
on sea conditions.
Dive packages are available where the more dives you do, the more discount is on the rates.
PADI Dive Courses
- Discover Scuba Dive (Try Dive)
- ReActivate Program (Refresher Dive)
- Open Water Course
- Advanced Open Water Course
- Adventure Dive Specialties
– Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive
– Deep Dive
– Navigation Dive
– Underwater Photography Dive
– Night Dive
– Cavern Dive
– Fish ID Dive
– Naturalist Dive
– Drift Dive
- Rescue Diver Course
- EFR Emergency First Responder
- Assistant Instructor
- Open Water Scuba Instructor
[CLOSED] Magical Niue Sea Adventures
Update: Magical Niue Sea Adventures is now operated by Niue Blue (see above).
Based in Alofi North, Magical Niue Sea Adventures is a well-established PADI dive operator in Niue. They offer one and two tank recreational dives, as well as PADI dive courses and night dives. Magical Niue Sea Adventures is open year-round.
- Single Dives – Boat trip to a dive site chosen by you, the group or the guide depending on your certification and the sea conditions
- Double Dives – Two dives following the same dive site selection at single dives, but the deeper dive always goes first. Between dives, snorkelling, whale swimming or dolphin swimming may be included if the opportunity arises
- Night Dives – A shore dive to see Niue’s nighttime marine critters
Dive packages are also available for the more dives you do, the more discount you get.
PADI Dive Courses
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Open Water Course
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- ReActivate Program
- EFR Course
- Rescue Diver
- Dive Master
- Deep Diver Speciality
- Night Diver Speciality
- Boat Diver Speciality
- Underwater Naturalist Diver Speciality
- Underwater Navigator Speciality
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
Other Tours Niue’s Dive Shops Do
The two dive operators listed above are not just about diving. They both offer a wide range of other tours and experiences. Compare their snorkelling, dolphin swimming and whale swimming experiences in the following articles:
More About Scuba Diving Tours in Niue
That’s it for our guide to the scuba diving tours in Niue. For more advice on Niue’s underwater adventures, take a look at the following:
- The Guide to Snorkelling in Niue
- 10 Most Beautiful Swimming Holes in Niue
- 10 Best Water Activities in Niue
Finally, be inspired for more experiences with our whopping 101 Things to Do in Niue: The Ultimate List.