Which Cruises Go to Niue?
The South Pacific is one of the world’s most idyllic cruising grounds, with one place of intrigue for many travellers being the island of Niue. The world’s largest raised coral atoll provides an array of exciting experiences for cruise passengers, where even getting on the island is an experience in itself! An exclusive selection of cruise ships makes their way to this off-the-beaten-track destination, which we will go through in this guide to the cruises that visit Niue.
5 Tips for Cruising to Niue
Before we look at the cruise companies that visit Niue, here are just a few tips to remember about cruising to Niue:
- Search for cruises departing Australia, the US and Canada for the widest range of cruises that include Niue on the itinerary
- Be aware that boats can’t land in Niue if the weather or swell is bad, so there’s sometimes a chance that Niue is missed off cruise ship itineraries
- Bring snorkelling gear, reef shoes and swimwear for your Niue shore excursion
- Book tours independently to save money on shore excursions – see How to Book Tours & Experiences in Niue
- Be aware of Niue’s tide times when exploring independently – see Tide Times in Niue: Essential for Your Trip!
Plus, for money-saving tips, see How to Get a Good Deal on a Cruise to Niue.
Holland America Line
One of the largest cruise ships visiting Niue, Holland America Line includes Alofi on the itinerary for their ocean-crossing voyages. Cruises incorporate multiple days exploring Australia and New Zealand, as well as island-hopping in the South Pacific making for an extremely varied experience.
Cruises Including Niue
- Tales of the South Pacific (51-56 nights)
- Grand Australia & New Zealand Voyage (36-94 nights)
Cruises Start and End
The Holland America Line cruises that include Niue in the itinerary include starting and ending ports in Sydney (Australia), San Diego (US), San Fransisco (US) and Vancouver (Canada).
Ships with Holland America Line
The ship used for Niue cruises with Holland American Line is Volendam and Zaandam. These are some of the only ships of Holland America Line’s fleet which feature inflatable zodiacs allowing you to visit harder-to-reach destinations like Niue. The passenger capacity of the ships is 1,440 guests. Cruises feature workshops, lectures, cultural performances and more.
Offering a medium-ship cruise visiting some of the South Pacific’s smallest nations on their cross-ocean voyages, Seabourn is a cruise well worth considering. Niue is on the itinerary of their South Pacific cruises, which also include visiting destinations like Hawaii, French Polynesia, Tonga, the Cook Islands and New Zealand.
Cruises Including Niue
- Hawaii & South Pacific Discover (32 nights)
- South Pacific, Australia & New Zealand Discovery (47 nights)
- Panama Canal, Hawaii and South Pacific Discovery (50 nights)
Cruise Start and End
Seabourn Cruises including Niue on the itinerary typically start or end in Auckland (New Zealand), Miami (US), Los Angeles (US) and Sydney (Australia).
Ships with Seabourn
The ships used for cruises to Niue are the Seabourn Odyssey and Seabourn Quest. With a guest capacity of only 450, these ships provide a more intimate option for cruising to Niue. The ships include a card room, fitness centre, salon, swimming pool and multiple restaurants and bars.
More About Cruises That Visit Niue
That’s it for our guide to the cruises that visit Niue. The guide will be updated when more cruises come along. Until then, check out more of our tips to help you make the most of Niue:
- How to Get a Good Deal on a Cruise to Niue
- The Complete Guide to the Ports of Call in Niue
- 10 Ways to Get to (& Around) Niue
Finally, if there’s anything we’ve missed, you’re likely to find it in The Complete Travel Guide to Niue.