Which Airlines Have Direct Flights to Niue?
Well, you don’t have to worry about comparing flights for too long, as there is only one airline flying to Niue: Air New Zealand. The flight with Air New Zealand only operates between Auckland Airport (New Zealand) and Hanan Airport (Niue). In this guide to the airlines fly to Niue, we go through the Air New Zealand fare types, the Niue flight schedule, finding connecting flights for Auckland, as well as a few tips for flying to Niue.
For advice on the arrivals process into Niue, see Everything You Need to Know About Arriving in Niue.
5 Tips for Flying to Niue
- Flights to Niue depart only from Auckland. Coming from outside of Auckland, you will need to make a connection in Auckland. Compare flight routes on flight comparison websites
- Flights between Auckland and Niue take 3h30mins
- Niue has just one international airport, Hanan International Airport (IUE)
- Save money on airfares by choosing either a Seat or a Seat + Bag fare type, as other fare types provide little value for money
- Niue and New Zealand have a full 24 hours time difference.
For more tips, you might like the 10 Tips for Saving Money on a Flight to Niue.
About Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand is the sole airline servicing Niue. They operate flights once a week between Auckland International Airport (AKL) and Hanan International Airport (IUE).
Their flights between Auckland and Niue are approximately 3h30mins, where passengers are offered a choice of four types of fares: Seat, Seat + Bag, The Works and The Works Deluxe. All fares have seatback entertainment systems, with the more premium fares offering complete access to all the movies and other entertainment available.
Which Fare Should I Take?
The fare types below are listed from cheapest to most expensive. In short, this is what the fare types include:
- Seat: Includes your seat and up to 7kg (15lbs) carry-on baggage.
- Seat + Bag: Includes your seat, carry-on baggage and one piece of checked baggage up to 23kg (50lbs)
- The Works: Includes seat, carry-on and one piece of checked baggage, all access to the inflight entertainment and a meal
- The Works Deluxe: Includes a seat with no neighbour, your choice of seat, two pieces of checked luggage, all access to the inflight entertainment and a meal.
Want to find out how to get a better deal on flights to Niue? See How to Book a Cheap Flight to Niue.
Air New Zealand Niue Flight Schedule
Air New Zealand operates one flight a week to Niue. What’s important to keep in mind is the dateline effect between Auckland and Niue. Auckland is on the west side of the International Date Line while Niue is on the east side, giving a full 24-hour time difference between the two countries. That means that although you won’t experience any jetlag, you’ll be a full day behind New Zealand when you are in Niue.
Flight Time to Niue
The flight time to Niue is 210 minutes. In other words, that’s 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The flight leaves from Auckland on a Saturday at 9.10am (NZ time) and arrives in Niue 3h30mins later on a Friday at 12.40pm (Niue time).
On the same day, the flight leaves from Niue on a Friday at 1.50pm (Niue time) and arrives in Auckland 3h40mins later on a Saturday at 5.30pm (NZ time).
Entry Requirements for Niue
Niue is easy to travel to in that it has very limited travel requirements. Tourists to Niue from one of the 40 visa-waiver countries can arrive in Niue without a permit and be granted a 30-day Visitor Permit free of charge on arrival. Travellers from other countries will need an Entry Permit, as explained in our guide, Do You Need a Visa to Visit Niue?
However, visitors to Niue need to have a travel ticket leaving Niue in order to enter Niue. This is why visitors to Niue cannot purchase a one-way flight ticket to Niue. Only Niueans who have a stamp on their New Zealand Passport indicating that they are a Niuean or are of Niuean descent can arrive in Niue on a one-way ticket.
Other requirements for entering Niue include:
- You have accommodation booked for the length of your stay in Niue
- You have sufficient funds to sustain yourself for the length of your stay
- Your passport is valid for at least three months after your arrival date
- You stay up to 30 days unless you have a visa extension
Learn more about entry to Niue in How Long Can You Stay in Niue on a Visitor Visa?
Connecting Flights in Auckland
If you’re travelling to Niue from elsewhere in the world, you will need to take a flight to Auckland International Airport and then make a connecting flight to Niue.
Auckland Airport operates around 162 international flights per day with around 51 airlines offering both international and domestic flights. With that, there are plenty of choices when it comes to flights to Auckland. Check with flight comparison websites to see the best routes from your chosen departure airport.
More About Which Airlines Fly to Niue
That’s it for our guide to direct flights and which airlines fly to Niue. For more tips on taking a flight to Niue, be sure to check out the following guides:
- Which Airport to Fly to in Niue
- 10 Tips for Saving Money on a Flight to Niue
- How Long Does it Take to Fly to Niue?
Finally, if there’s anything we’ve missed, you’re likely to find it in How to Get to Niue.